Rebuilding families impacted by conflict, child welfare, and trauma.
Our Group Mission
Building families impacted by conflict, child welfare, and trauma. Our group program provides support to Black parents seeking to rebuild their families, and learn healthy strategies to manage the situation, support their children, and develop insight into creating harmony and peace. As parents, caregivers and guardians, we encourage each other, hold each other accountable for change, and inspire each other to build community that sustains generations.
Healing families impacted by trauma, family conflict, and child welfare... Supportive, Culturally- Relevant, Inclusive, Strength-Based.
Kujenga Restoration Co-Parenting Program is a 10-12 week support group that focuses upon helping families heal after impacted by separation, divorce, child welfare, trauma, and family conflict.
The program focuses upon helping parents, guardians and caregivers how to create and support a healthy environment for children, and youth, as well as managing the conflict or trauma that the family may experience.
- Navigating issues of race and inequality in co-parenting relationships
- Communication in co-parenting relationships (Consistency in messaging, discipline etc.)
- Navigating blended families
- Child’s mental health
- Child’s perspective of co-parenting relationships (How children feel about divorce/separation, talking to your child about difficult situations)
- Navigating co-parenting plans/routines and the pandemic
- Emotional Intelligence
- Anger management and conflict resolution
- Navigating relationships with other care-givers (non-parents eg, grandparents, foster parents etc.)
- Self care and pursuing your dreams as a co-parent
Separations can influence the family’s rhythm of love but it does not have to define the family’s future. Take the next step towards healing.
- Groups are 10- 12 weeks, held on a weekly basis
- Groups are remote (via a closed group on ZOOM)
- Groups occur for 2 hours
- In-person groups will start (September 2021)
- Parents, caregivers & guardians are able to receive individualized supports when needed.
- Certificates & Completion Letter is provided
Child welfare, kin families, traumatic life events, health challenges can influence families’ ability to create a loving & responsive environment for children. Let Kujenga Wellness Support team help you embark on the journey towards growth.