Kujenga Wellness Project supports parents, caregivers and guardians as they provide for their families, their extended relatives and their community. The following list of employment services in Durham Region are available to guide you on your journey. Not sure what you need? Need help accessing these resources? Our Family Outreach Worker can guide you on your way and provide you resources you need. Seeking guidance on your path… Consider Life Coaching as a way to learn more about your goals, your interests, and the best type of employment that can support your success.
Agilec -Ajax, Courtice, and Oshawa
- Provides help with writing resumes and cover letters, interview preparation, job searches and more.
- 250 Bayly Street West, Unit 19, Ajax, ON, L1S 3V4
- 1403 King Street East, Unit 6, Courtice, ON, L1E 2J6
- 419 King Street West, #3560, Oshawa, ON, L1J 2K5
META Employment Services –Whitby
- 15 Thickson Road North #6, Whitby, ON, L1N 8W7
- Open by appointment only. Please call 613-966-9069 to book with an Employment Counsellor.
- Hours: Monday to Friday 8:00am-4:30pm
- Provides insight on what jobs are available within the Durham Region, will help create or edit resumes and cover letters, help with job applications, and can help with interview preparations through mock interviews.
YMCA Employment and Community Services – Whitby and Pickering
- Provides resources, employment services, career planning, and more.
- 3000 Garden Street, Unit 100A, Whitby, ON, L1R 2G6
- Phone Number: 1-905-668-0044
- Hours: Monday to Wednesday 8:30am-5:00pm, Thursday 8:30am-7:00pm, Friday 8:30am-5:00pm.
- 1550 Kingston Road., Unit 16, Pickering, ON, L1V 1C3
- Hours: Monday 8:30am-5:00pm, Tuesday 8:30am-7:00pm, Wednesday to Friday 8:30am-5:00pm
Unemployed Help Centre -Oshawa and Pickering
- Provides help with resumes and cover letters, one-on-one employment counselling, and more. Services can be done in-person, online, or by telephone.
- Please call to make an appointment.
- Hours: 8:45am-4:00pm
- 272 King Street, Oshawa, ON,
- 1410 Bayly Street, Unit 4, Pickering, ON
- Pickering location can specifically help newcomers and immigrants.
John Howard Society of Durham Region -Oshawa and Whitby
- Provides assistance with resumes and cover letters, job searches, mock interviews, and more.
- All appointments with an Employment Advisor are virtual due to Covid-19, please book an appointment online.
- 75 Richmond Street West, Oshawa, ON, L1G 1E3
- Hours: Monday to Thursday 8:30am-4:30pm, Friday 8:30am-4:00pm
- #200-114 Dundas Street East, Whitby, ON, L1N 2H7
Need more resources? Read our Posts
The following list of Food programs in Durham Region. The meals and grocery items are free, but there may be eligibility and timing restrictions. Contact the organization first for more details. Contact Kujenga at: 289-624-9431 if you need assistance accessing resources in the […]
In March 2020, a global pandemic reached Canada, leading to massive closures across the country. It was anticipated that the closures will encourage people to stay home where they will be safe. However, for many people, home was not a safe place. Since […]
Black people in Canada have diverse backgrounds and experiences. While some can trace their roots in Canada for many generations, others have immigrated in recent decades. They have contributed in many ways to the growth, diversity and development of Canada. Over 20 years, […]